Technologist. Business Owner.
- I've worked in the IT sector since 2001.
- I've run Jaytag Computer since 2007, and Nanodators since 2015.
- I am the vCIO for a number of UK based firms, in the Finance, Legal and Retail sectors.
- I like to run - Strava
- Developing technology roadmaps in line with business needs.
- Providing independent consultancy and technical advice at all levels from operations to boardroom.
- Planning of IT budgets and long-term expenditure, so that maximum value is gained from your investment.
- Designing and implementing fault tolerant server farms and networks
- Managing of any business dependency on old/legacy systems, and migration to new platforms
- Coordinating complex software development projects with internal and external teams
- Driving organisational change by implementing new processes, policies and procedures to meet ISAME/ISO27001
- Securing systems, and maintaining security standards like PCI DSS, Cyber Essentials
- Since 2020 - CTO, Quantum Financial Holdings. Managing technical strategy across a group of subsidiary companies - financial, marketing, publishing.
- Since 2017 - Head of IT, Volopa Financial Services. Tasked with managing the entire IT environment, from coordinating software development activities, to server infrastructure, networking, IT security.
- Since 2015 - Director, SIA Nanodators. Providing off-shore/outsourced IT helpdesk services to UK based IT companies.
- Since 2013 - IT Director and Cyber Lead, Valkyrie GB. Working in tandem with other senior members of staff to provide holistic security services, including investigations, TSCM (counter measures), vehicle tracking.
- Since 2007 - Director, Jaytag Computer. Bootstrapped IT consultancy. Providing technical support in all areas (procurement, budgeting, network design etc) for UK based companies.
- Prior to 2007 - Technical support for a number of UK companies in the finance, direct marketing and engineering sectors.